Tyler, Me, Alexandra

Tyler, Me, Alexandra
Enjoying Mexico 2010

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Partnership for 21st century skills:

This web site is really user friendly! So much information that you have to have at least a few hours to go through it. I don't think anything on this site suprised me, and I did not disagree with anything that I read. I do feel that it would be a tough sell to my school district at this time. I am not saying that they would not agree, they would just say that at this time we need to concentrate on testing mandates! I like how they spell out everything with the six key elements of 21st century, nine steps to build momentum. Also feel that students are so much more aware of everything around them, versus years ago. On page 6 of Learning fo the 21st century they say that schools are more similar to schools over a hundred years ago than dissimilar. I also agree with this to some degree. We have grown a lot, but we have a long way to go. Bottom line is, everything costs money. Money that most schools do not have.

This site has so many tools, like the videos. Most of them are geared towards math, but they are pretty good. Overall, I really like this web site! What does everyone else think????

2 comments:

  1. Tammy,
    I can relate to you when you commented about schools being somewhat similar from one hundred years ago. I agree that schools are similar to an extent because of funding. All schools want to have the best forms of technology available, but it all comes down to school budgets. I also noticed that when schools do receive funding for technology, it advances so fast and there are always better forms available. What do you think about that? Do you also think technology is advancing faster than schools can provide for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time schools, get brand new computers--new ones have come out! My own children that are in college love technology--but I can not keep up with what the two of them want to buy. It changes in a blink of an eye! So then you think about a whole school district, how on earth could they keep up! It becomes frustrating, because you want your students to be prepared for the future. I teach middle school, by the time they graduate, the technology I am teaching them will be ancient, at the rate things are changing!!!!

    ReplyDelete