Tyler, Me, Alexandra

Tyler, Me, Alexandra
Enjoying Mexico 2010

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Technology in the classroom is fantastic!!!

Yet, why do I feel so overwhelmed? Basically this is my first blog for anyone to see, so that's a little scary! I do blog with my students on my own website, this is fantastic. I hear all of their voices on every subject I post.

I think I feel a little anxious because I am not that technology savvy. I am learning though! I am a mother of two beautiful, incredible children. My son Tyler is 21, and my daughter Alexandra is 19. They are technology savvy! I also feel like I am the second mother to, 127 students who are also incredible and technology savvy. Being a mother is the most incredible job, but being a teacher is the second most incredible job.

I am very lucky because I am in a school who has a lot of great things going on as far as technology is concerned. I use a smartboard, cps units, rss feeds, cps tablets, digital camera, doc camera, blogs, computers, and studdy buddies on a weekly basis. I have started podcasting and a couple hours ago started a wikispace.

I take my job as a teacher very serious, and I feel technology is the way of the future. So this is why I think I am a little overwhelmed. I want to stay on top of everything, yet it changes so fast, and I am already way behind.

Does anyway else feel overwhelmed when it comes to technology? Love it, yet makes you nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment