Tyler, Me, Alexandra

Tyler, Me, Alexandra
Enjoying Mexico 2010

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Seventh Inning Stretch

In my game plan I listed the goals of professional development and creating a digital classroom. I feel very confident that I will attain these goals in a timely manner. The reason I feel so confident in this endeaver is because of the people I share my life with. My administration believes in me and gives me great support along with my fellow teachers. My students are a fantastic support--they are always asking what I am studying this week and what new technology will be introduced in our classroom. They are always telling me good job (middle schoolers are amazing). Lastly, I have the support of a tight knit family. My children who are in college are a crutch to lean on, my parents are always their for me as well as the rest the familia! Without all of them, I would not be even in the second inning.


1. Are you finding the information and resources you need?

In the last two weeks I have met with two other teachers who will be attaining their National Board Certification. I have been assigned a mentor--she is fantastic and someone I admire, and want to be like (she is two years younger than me!!!!). On the 29th of November the Office of Public instruction for the State of Montana is announcing the teachers that were chosen for the certification in technology classes, that will be paid for. If I get this it would be amazing, If I do not, I will try again next year. As far as building a creative digital classroom I am constantly working on this, I have put aside an hour a week for research, then the other hours will be focused on building lessons that allow my students to be inquistive life long learners.


2. Do you need to modifty your action plan?

At the moment, I am not planning on modify my game plan. The only reason I will be modifying it is if I get accepted to the OPI technology classes. If I am accepted I would put off my National Certification until August. The reason for this is because I will be finishing my Walden courses in May. I do not feel I would be able to keep up!


3. What have you learned so far?Bold

That even a digital immigrant like my self can learn to play the game, with work and dedication. I have learned so many things from my classes at Walden University, I am looking forward to spending time becoming familiar with everything I have learned so my students can benefit from it. I have also learned that a positive attitude and being flexible are the main goals of any game plan.


4. What new questions have arisen?

At this time my only questions would be, how does everyone find enough time in the day to keep up with all of our demanding schedules. Life is a journey and I am enjoying it.



At the moment I am on a plane to Cancun, Mexico with my mom! We are going for Thanksgiving break to watch my daughter play in a Division 1 girls basketball tournament. My son is in North Dakota playing in a tournament. Last year I was with him. Since they are both college athletes, that is one of the done falls, they are not home for Thanksgiving. But, maybe Cancun and the nice weather isn't so bad. Since my hometown had over a foot of snow and was 15 below zero when we left.

2 comments:

  1. Tammy- It sounds like you are doing a great job with your game plan. I think it sounds like you are able to juggle your family, work, and school perfectly, people may ask you how you do it. I hope you are chosen for the certification in technology classes. Let us know when you find out. What have you done in your classroom so far and what was the reaction of your students. You seem to have a nice group of students that communicate well with you, what do they tell you they want to learn from you and your classes at Walden? I hope you have a great time in Cancun.
    Great Job
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I have 132 students in all--I do have a great relationship with them. Many of them have been texting me while I am in Cancun asking me about a photostory we are currently working on. I am only missing two days of school, but they act like I left them for a month. lol

    My 8th graders are really enjoying the fact that I have introduced podcasting and voice threading to the class curriculum. They are always asking me what new technology gadget I have learned to teach them. Once I show them something like podcasting---then they become the teacher, and I am always asking them how they did that! They are always asking me if I need help with my homework, I have not said no, as I am leaving my options open in case that day comes. I am currently staying one step ahead of them in the classroom.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving--the weather is beautiful in Cancun, but my daughters team lost.

    ReplyDelete